To renew your traffic controller accreditation in Queensland, you will be required to successfully complete the Transport and Main Roads approved training program and demonstrate current competence as a traffic controller. Your traffic controller accreditation must be renewed every three (3) years.
This course is also open to interstate traffic controllers who hold a current accreditation and wish to apply for accreditation in Queensland.
- An 4 hour instructor led session including: lectures, group discussion, case studies, exercises, practical and written assessments
- Legislative framework and compliance requirements
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Planning and preparing to control traffic
- Coordinating traffic
- Two-way radio communications
- Controlling traffic at night
- Removing or covering signs when not controlling traffic
- Use of Ready Reckoner
Who should attend
- Workers needing to renew their Industry Authority as a traffic controller
- Interstate traffic controllers wishing to gain their Queensland accreditation
RudTek require the below documentation before undertaking training:
- Evidence of previous completion of RIIWHS205D Unit of Competency
- Currency of Industry Practice – CLICK HERE to download a copy
- Timesheets, work diaries or a letter from your employer
On successful completion participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat. RudTek will provide the documentation required to apply for re-accreditation as a Traffic Controller with the Department of Transport and Main Roads. Click here to see the application fee.